The Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA) Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Principle 6 requires a firm to pay due regard to the interests of its clients and treat them fairly. We are fully committed to TCF and this Policy has been designed to demonstrate the application of TCF during our day to day activities.
TCF is embedded throughout the FCA’s Handbook and the FCA’s six core consumer outcomes are embedded in our firm. These are:
- Consumers can be confident they are dealing with firms where TCF is central to the corporate culture.
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and targeted accordingly.
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect and the associated service is both of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
Our TCF Mission Statement
We will act with integrity in everything we do and put our customers at the heart of our business.
Our TCF Principles
- Customers will be provided with clear information and kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- If we give advice to our customers, the advice will be suitable and take account of their circumstances.
- Our level of service and product performance will meet the expectations of our customers as far as reasonably possible.
- We will ensure that there is no barrier for customers to express their requests, concerns or complaints, and will always be responsive to them.
- Products and services will be designed to meet the needs of our customers.
Assessing and implementing our TCF Principles
All our financial promotions and marketing materials are reviewed to ensure that they are appropriate for our target audience and are presented in a clear, fair and not misleading manner.
Sales, Advice, Management
When providing advice, our advisers obtain a detailed understanding of the customer’s needs so that our recommendations are suitable. We ensure that our customers understand the risks involved with any service or product offered and are aware of all fees and charges.
Post-Sale Information and Support
We strive to keep our customers informed pre, during and post contract. Appropriate records are held and can be provided as required on an ongoing basis. We have appropriate capacity for storing and processing information to ensure continuous support. We have no post-sale barriers in place which restrict customers’ access.